Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November already..........

Well, it's November already and it's still pretty warm here in AZ. It started to cool down (went from 100-55 almost overnight), then right back up to the 90's. GRRRRR hopefully soon it will cool down.
I know i posted a pic of the wonderful Halloween exchange i rec'd from Lynn, but she had a much better pic up, so i want to share her pic as well. It really shows off the pieces she made for me much better. Thanks again Lynn.

Caroline has rec'd my HOE Halloween exchange so i can share the pic of the exchange. I stitched Oct 31st from this years JCS Halloween issue. It was a really fun stitch.


My finishing service, Finely Finished has been busy lately. I just finished 4 pieces for Toni. There are 3 hanging ornaments and one flatfold. These were fun to finish for Toni. The SB design gave me a bit of fun trying to match the right backing fabric to it, but we finally found the perfect one. Sometimes that rose color linen is just tricky to match but we did it. :)

I have been stitching on exchanges recently so cannot share the pics as of yet, but soon. Not much else really going on around here in AZ, just trying to still stay cool. We are doing the MS Walk this weekend through the Phoenix Zoo, so that should be fun. We try to do it every year. We walk for my mother, myself and my oldest daughter who all have MS. Wish us luck.

Also, here is a pic of the english bone plate i picked up awhile ago at one of the antique shops. It is from England, Utopian is what is on the back. I cannot remember the rest of the info on it.

And, last but not least, here is a pic of my niece and nephew on Halloween. Allison was a "pirate girl" and Matthew was Angus Young from AC/DC (he is an AC/DC fanatic at 6).

Here is Allison's pirate face. LOL

8 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

really cute exchanges

Brigitte said...

Very nice exchnage pieces. And good to hear that you are busy with your finishing service. Your finishes are really beautiful.

Jan said...

Karen, your finishes are wonderful!

Carolyn NC said...

Cute exchange pieces - lovely finishes. Adorable pictures!

Andrea said...

Wonderful exchanges and finishes.

Sally said...

Both exchanges look wonderful Karen:)

Your finishes look lovely. So glad your finishing service is doing well.

kimstitch3 said...

I love your thanksgiving display. Lovely work there.KImberly

Lainey said...

Lovely cute exchanges and your finishes are beautiful.