Monday, May 31, 2010

Patriotic Time!

Well since it is Memorial Day and it is getting really hot here in Arizona, it's time for a patriotic blog. My mantle is all dolled up for Memorial Day and July 4th! I have more finishes to add to it, but need to actually get them finished yet. LOL
I did have a good day of finishing today. I made 3 pillows for my mantle of red, white and blue. Sampler Girls Sweet Land, a Bent Creek Uncle Sam flatbed and a little Pop! not sure who POP is by it has just been hiding in the closet and came out to say hello. :)

the back of Sweet Land (this is also the backing i used for POP)



My mom came over today and we did some sewing of pillows (the above included) and a couple for her as well. She had finished a LK piece, a block one (don't remember which month) and a Sanman's Doodle. She stitched the Doodle over 1 on 25ct evenweave, it is only 2x2 so the little pillow is only about 6in long by 2in high. :) they are not completely finished in this pic, she was taking them home to finish sewing them up and adding the "trims" that are laying on top of the LK piece.
I also finally finished putting together my My First Sewing Box by the Stitching Parlor in my pink whitman tin. I had the top part already in there but just needed to add the bottom.How hard was that, DUH! So it is now complete, the box anyways. I need to put the scissor fob together still. I stitched Workbaskets Hedgehog for the Needles portion on the top over 1. I didn't want the felt in there after i saw this pattern for the Hedgehog, afterall, he has needles (kinda). :)

He's A Flake by LHN from their Ornament series from this year was also another one of my finishes last night. I don't like how he turned out, the shape that is, but it is for me to hang on our tree so that is fine with me. I may stitch him again and finish another way as well. It is a quick stitch. I stitched him over 2 on 40ct double-dyed blue fabric.


One more pic for tonight, i heard that Mayte has rec'd her biscornu from the biscornu exchange. THis was a freebie and i loved how it stitched up. I used GAST blueberry and some matching beads around the edges.

I have more to come hopefully tomorrow, they are sitting on the table ready to be stuffed and a few more ready to be sewn. We shall see what tomorrow brings on the finishing side for me.

10 comments:

Faye said...

My goodness~ You have been on a finishing frenzy~~~ Great job my friend~~ I love them all and the ball fringe on the little snowman is too cute~~NICE JOB!~ I really like the idea of a Patriotic mantle too....

Kathy A. said...

Oh, I love your patriotic mantle. It is so beautifully done.
Congrats on all those wonderful finishes.

Sally said...

Wow your finishes are wonderful Karen!!

staci said...

Wow, look how busy you've been! Everything is stitched and finished perfectly, love them all! And I love your patriotic header :) I just bought the SG's Flag Basket pattern yesterday :)

Andrea said...

Wonderful finishes Karen.

Jules said...

Love, love, LOVE them all! The mantle is beautifully done!

Lainey said...

Wow all your finishes are just beautiful!

Melanie said...

Great finishes!
I don't think I could love that backing fabric on the octagon (hexagon?) ornament and more if I tried. lol

Nicky said...

WOW - what a lot of gorgeous finishes, love your snowman finish especially.

Carolyn NC said...

Wow - super fantastic finishes!