Sunday, March 27, 2011

Wow its been a month since i last posted

Well, it's late March and i am finally updating the old blog. I have been stitching, finishing, etc, just been busy and camera and computer just don't cooperate. LOL First off, I will start with a couple St. Patrick's Day finishes I had for myself. I stitched up Leggy Leprechaun by HIH and made him into a pinkeep and also stitched up March Cupboard sampler by The Sampler Girl and made a little pillow. I really like how they both turned out. I have one other that i stitched but didn't finish and forgot to take a pic of. next time. Next up are a few pieces i have had stitched up and just hanging around in the closet. These are for my "possibilities" for finishing. Housework by Lizzie Kate, Bunny zipper kit by Bent Creek and A Hug Will do but do not remember who it is by. These were fun to make into pillows and my first wall hanging. I can see more wallhangings in the near future now that i know how easy they are to make. :) Here is my ornament for February. I finished up a fair & square piece that i received from Nadia into an ornament. I went simple with this one but like it. ;) I still have to do my March ornament. Natasha is my partner for the Friends Stitching Through The Seasons exchange and sent me this awesome pillow, bunny and gorgeous fabric. Thanks again Natasha! It is up on my mantle for everyone to enjoy! :) Also, for the Friends stitching through the seasons exchange, I am stitching for Kim and here is the pillow and goodies i sent to her. The other day my mail lady Shirley brought me a very fun little package from Diane. It is the cutest little pincushion in a tulip jar and she stitched the little card and sent along a little egg shaped notepad. THanks again Diane! I love it. I also already added some springy pins that i made to it. :) Well, that's about it for tonight. Hopefully will have more updates soon. I still have a few more pics of stitching and wips to take but in a couple days. We are now playing the waiting game with my daughter who is due on Thursday with her first baby. :)

14 comments:

Kathy A. said...

What lovely lovely stitching Karen. Your finishing is wonderful.

Carol R said...

Great finishes Karen! Cute little pincushion too.

staci said...

You've had a very busy, productive month! Love all your finishes. And that tulip pincushion is so clever :)

Unknown said...

I have been missing your posts. I love your header picture, that is fantastic!! Your stitching is as beautiful as usual, and the finishing is amazing! You sent and received some great exchanges. I got a tulip pincushion as well - aren't they great?

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous finishes both sent and received. Good luck to your daughter on the birth of her child.

Sunshine said...

Great Finishes!!!!
I enjoyed reading your blog.
Happy Stitchin!

Fiona said...

Your finishes look great. Your gifts/exchanges are all very cute. Liking your family picture, hopefully the wait won't be too long before the baby comes.

Berit said...

Lookin' Good--Nice stitching and great bunny! :D

Catherine said...

What great stitchy goodness - love the bunny with the purples!

Yvonne..... said...

I think the A Hug Will Do is by Lizzie Kate???? Love your finishes, as always. Thanks for showing them off!!

Karen said...

Goodness Karen....you are on a roll! Love of all your finishes. Your pillows are just too cute!

Hope all goes well with your daughter!!!!

Faye said...

You HAVE been busy!!! Wow, love all the photos in this post!! I would love to do a SAL with you on the "In her World.."... Fun!

Sally said...

Wow everything is gorgeous Karen! You have been busy.

Good luck to your daughter :)

Unknown said...

Wow, what fabulous finishes and a beautiful baby too. If you would ever like to sell/trade your Bent Vreek little brown with purple bunny I would be more than interested.

Kath in NZ