Wednesday, December 23, 2009

HOE ornament has landed in Australia

I have heard that Tessa has rec'd her ornament from me from the HOE ornament exchange. I really liked stitching this one, one color and finished with the whip stitch to make the ornament. It is a Plum Pudding design but do not remember the name right now. i used Belle Soie Sister Scarlet. I did steal Tessa's pic from the exchange blog, since it is on her tree already it looked much better than my pic.

Here are a couple pics from our softball christmas party this past Sunday night. The big guy was there again this year. I believe this is our 11th softball christmas party with almost all the same families. Lots of food, fun, food, martinis (yum), Santa and our annual ornament exchange. We play the "dirty santa" game for our ornament exchange. the kids are now joining in the fun as well. These pics are of Doug & I with Santa, Santa playing jingle bells on his flute and TOny got to sit on Santa's lap as well as all the kids. Santa brought a special gift for Tony. It is a license plate thingy, with a turtle that says "I am Running". Tony and I are the slowest on the team and I guess Santa thought it would be funny (not sure who on the team did it, but it was pretty funny)



I also went to my LNS, The Attic on Saturday afternoon for the Kris Kringle party and ornament exchange. THere were a bunch of us there and 13 of us participated in the ornament exchange. I haven't taken an individual picture of the ornament i rec'd or brought but they are in the pics here. I rec'd from Angelica this really cute snowman button tree ornament beautifully finished (it's on the left of one of the pics) and to the right of it is the ornament i brought. It is the maroon reindeer with maroon cording. I believe it is from last year's JCS issue. Here are a few pics i took of the ladies stitching and talking. This first picture has Paula from Kelmscott Designs (in the black/white shirt, she is a winter visitor to AZ from Canada) and Sharon from Crescent Colours (next to Paula, looks like Sharon was describing something :)) who lives here in AZ and Jean the owner of The Attic (sorry Jean, you got cutoff a little bit, on the far right).




9 comments:

Annie Bee said...

What a beautiful bunch of ornaments. Love the Plum Pudding ornament that you stitched it is really pretty.

Carolyn NC said...

All of these ornaments are just lovely!

Kathy A. said...

Lovely ornaments!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Pumpkin said...

Sounds like you had a couple of fun parties :o) Lovely ornaments!

Merry Christmas Karen!

Brigitte said...

These ornametns are so lovely. And you seem to have spent a great time with the ladies at the LNS.

Chris said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. Beautiful ornaments. And I like the new photo at the top of your blog. :-)

Faye said...

Greetings from NC!~~ I feel like I have met you since we share so many stitching friends...I see Chris in the photo and you know CarolynNC, Nicole, KarenSC and more that I visit with:!!! Love your blog and all those nice ornies!! Faye
carolinastitcher.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi There Karen :)
Finally had time to find your blog, come on over and say G'day!
I LOVE the ornament that you stitched for me. I adore red so this is perfect for me and you can see how beautiful it looks on my tree.
Thank you once again.
Tessa :)

Anonymous said...

Love the ornaments, especially the advent candle one!!